Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Cinch

This rather pretentious place on Wilshire at 15th was much improved by great conversation. We opted to "go tapas" and I didn't order so pardon the inaccurate descriptions -- spicy tuna roll (way to normal for the atmosphere of this place), a tuna tar tar (yummy, but we had to ask for more chips), something else scrumptious, and a tofu sampler (which I didn't try as there were three vegetarians and one non-meat dish). I think the boys went home hungry, but we drank and talked and had a great time. Despite the snotty attitude of the first waitress, the second seemed willing to let us sit in the dining area for as long as we wanted without ordering much beyond some wine and mohitos. After all, it was a Tuesday night!

The lowdown:

  • Would I go back? Not unless someone else was paying.
  • Did I have fun? Definitely, but people over place.
  • Would I recommend it to you? That depends...Do you like pretentious places? I obviously don't, but can be led to them unknowingly and get the most out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home